At your first meeting with me we will fill out your Notice of Intended Marriage Form.
I have blank copies to populate, alternatively please download a copy from the Australian Government site – here and bring it along with you.
This form must be lodged with your Celebrant at least one month before your intended date of Marriage. Authorised People listed on the form can also sign your form and then you can send it to your Celebrant. In special circumstances you may be able to receive a shortening of this time by applying to your local Magistrates Court, there is a fee by the Court for this application. The form can be lodged up to 18 months before your date of Marriage. One party may lodge this form but the other must sign it before the date of Marriage.
Please also bring along the following documents and information to our first meeting:
- Original Birth Certificates, these must be the originals and not Certified Copies or photocopies. If you were born in Australia your Original Birth Extract is acceptable. If your Certificates are not printed in English you will need to get them translated by an Authorised Translator. Documents in other languages must be translated into English. Contact the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) for assistance.
- Your Drivers license’s (essential as I need photo ID) or Passports.
- If you have been married before you will need your Divorce Decree, or if your spouse has died you will need to bring their Death Certificate.
- People from a country other than Australia, must provide their current Passport, if they do not have their Original Birth Certificate.
- Marriage of people under the age of 18 is NOT permitted unless they have a Order of a Judge/Magistrate.
- You will both require a witness each that is over the age of 18 and I will need their FULL names please, if you have not picked them yet that is fine we can get that information at a later date.
- Also think about what type of Ceremony you would like, if you have no idea that’s OK, I will provide you with options and ideas.
- If you know who is in the Bridal Party all their names also please.